Here we go again in the topsy turvy world of College Football. We had 4 major unbeatens bite the bullet over weekend 10 of the season. We might lose another 1 or 2 this weekend, but let’s take a look at where Pigskin Paul sees teams ranked as of today.
1) CLEMSON 9-0 With a solid W over FSU they look like the top dog. A young team that keeps improving.
2) OHIO STATE 9-0 They have enough to win every weekend. If BARRETT stays healthy and out of trouble for the rest of the season they should stay unbeaten.
3) BAYLOR 8-0 It doesn’t seem to matter who’s the QB. The overall talent and style of play is dominant.
4) ALABAMA 8-1 The Defense is dominant, especially in the front 7. And the Offense is coming around as well, if SABAN lets LANE call the plays.
5) NOTRE DAME 8-1 They win another tough game despite losing RB/PROSISE. Can they sustain with all these back-ups having to start?
6) OKLAHOMA STATE 9-0 As I said last week, there is something about the chemistry on this team. But their schedule does not get any easier this month.
7) LSU 7-1 I never though FOURNETTE would be shut down like he was. Don’t hold your breath for it to happen again. ARKANSAS will be tough/physical, but they don’t play D like ‘BAMA.
8) OKLAHOMA 8-1 In this decade the Sooners have stumbled down the stretch. Can they hold on this season?! We’ll find out @ BAYLOR this week.
9) STANFORD 8-1 This is the most balanced team on the West Coast. Now they must get past a resurgent OREGON team this weekend. The good news… they are at home.
10) IOWA 9-0 The Hawkeyes are looking tough and sound. But their schedule has been sorta cream-puff like. A rare November night game at home this week.
11) FLORIDA 8-1
12) TCU 8-1
13) UTAH 8-1
14) UCLA 7-2
15) HOUSTON 9-0
16) NORTH CAROLINA 8-1
17) MICHIGAN STATE 8-1
18) FLORIDA STATE 7-2
19) NAVY 7-1
20) MISSISSIPPI STATE 7-2
21) MICHIGAN 7-2
22) MEMPHIS 8-1
23) TEMPLE 8-1
24) NORTHWESTERN 7-2
25) GEORGIA 6-3
Key match-ups this weekend that could shake things up on this list:
GEORGIA @ AUBURN
MIAMI @ UNC
ALABAMA @ MISS STATE
MEMHIS @ HOUSTON
ARKANSAS @ LSU
OREGON @ STANFORD
OKLAHOMA @ BAYLOR