Time to give this a whirl, pre-Bowl season. Luckily we now have a Final Four to look forward to in January. But until that process rolls around, here is how I rank teams heading into the Bowl Season.
1) ALABAMA 13-0 Really! Any questions here?
2) CLEMSON 12-1 May not have rolled over many opponents, but had enough to keep winning.
3) OHIO STATE 11-1 One hiccup game and perfection was down the drain. Wait til next year.
4) WASHINGTON 12-1 Great young team that could be better in 2017 if junior stars stay around.
5) PENN STATE 11-2 Just think, even in 2015 some were doubting FRANKLIN was the right man.
6) OKLAHOMA 10-2 It’s been a trying year for the D, but the O is top notch.
7) MICHIGAN 10-2 The team seemed to wear down late, but lots of talent on campus.
8) WEST VIRGINIA 10-2 Solid team, which laid a big bad egg against Oklahoma at home.
9) WISCONSIN 10-3 A surprisingly successful season for a team racked by injuries.
10) SOUTHERN CAL 9-3 Coaching Staff chose the wrong QB at start of season, but is now rolling.
11) WESTERN MICHIGAN 13-0 I can’t put an undefeated team lower than this. Keep rowing guys!
12) LOUISVILLE 9-3
13) COLORADO 10-3
14) FLORIDA STATE 9-3
15) OKLAHOMA STATE 9-3
16) STANFORD 9-3
17) HOUSTON 9-3
18) SOUTH FLORIDA 10-2
19) TEMPLE 10-3
20) WESTERN KENTUCKY 10-3
21) NAVY 9-3* One more game to play vs. ARMY
22) VIRGINIA TECH 9-4
23) BOISE STATE 10-2
24) SAN DIEGO STATE 10-3
25) FLORIDA 8-4
At least a half-dozen teams are poised to crash these rankings with impressive work while Bowling For Dollars.